Psychotherapy is the name of a wide range of approaches to deal with different types of suffering. From some of its perspectives, it is also considered a great tool to promote personal growth.
I have been in this field for over 20 years – now as a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) – , incorporating the following modalities:
- Gestalt Therapy and other humanistic models, such as Focusing
- EMDR Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Models
However, I have a pragmatic approach that, in sessions, comes down to:
- You will be encouraged to speak freely about the issue you want to work on
- I am going to listen carefully and, eventually, reflect something back to you
- After some sessions (the length depends on many factors) we can assess whether you are able to deal with the issue in a new way or not. Further steps can always be explored in order to promote change and transformation.
I work with adolescents and young adults, adults, and seniors. I provide one-on-one psychotherapy as well as couples therapy.
I also provide case consultations to other psychotherapists. If you are an EMDR practitioner, these hours of consultation can go toward the hours to be certified as an EMDR therapist, as I am a consultant-in-training, certified EMDR therapist.
You can contact me at:
Phone: +1 (416) 912-1365
Email: urbanhealer (a) me.com
My office is located at:
692 Euclid Avenue
I am member of:
- The Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals (OAMHP)
- EMDR Canada
- Lacan Toronto
- Guest member of the Toronto Psychoanalytic Society (TPS&I).
- Initiative Toronto